- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 500g pack Wright’s Premium White Bread Mix
- Plain flour for dusting
- 200g Comte cheese, grated
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Tear & share bacon, cheese & tomato bread
1. Preheat the grill. Place the rashers on a grill rack and cook them for 4–5 minutes until golden and crispy, turning halfway. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
Place a sheet of baking parchment in the base of a 40 x 30cm roasting
tin. Place the bread mix in a bowl and make up according to the pack
instructions. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a large rectangle
measuring 40 x 30 cm. Sprinkle the cheese and rosemary over the dough
then top with the rashers of bacon and scatter over the halved cherry
tomatoes and red onion slices.
3. Starting from the longest side of the rectangle roll up tightly to form a long
roll, pushing any pieces that fall out back into the bread. With a serrated knife, slice into 12 rounds and arrange cut-side up in the bottom of the roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil, cover loosely with clingfilm and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Remove the clingfilm and bake uncovered for 20–25 minutes until golden.
5. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and transfer to a serving board. Serve warm with sausages and poached eggs.
Typical values per serving:
Per serving of two buns. More info: 23.2g protein, 1.8g fibre.
Average user rating Based on 94 ratings