Fragrant flavours. 1 of your 5 a day.
Thai red salmon curry
- ½ x 20g pack fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ x bunch salad onions, thinly sliced
- ½ x 400ml can Cooks’ Ingredients Organic Coconut Milk
- 100g jar Cooks’ Ingredients Thai Red Curry Paste
- 300g Waitrose Select Farm 2 Salmon Fillets, skinned and cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g green beans, topped, tailed and halved
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g Cooks’ Ingredients Le Puy Green Lentils
- Rinse the lentils and place in a medium-sized pan, generously covered with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15–20 minutes until just tender. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and add the beans and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the salmon and stir together for 1 minute.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 4–5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through. Add the drained lentils, then scatter with the sliced salad onions and coriander. Serve with steamed rice.
A new world white will have the body needed here, along with all of the aromatic fruit flavours that are so good with curry:
Cono Sur Viognier, Colchagua Valley, Chile
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 78 ratings
This recipe was first published in March 2010.