Succulent salmon fillets are cooked on a bed of fragrant Thai rice in this one-pot dish which can be ready to serve in just 20 minutes.
Thai Style Salmon and Rice with Red Curry Sauce
- 400ml can Bart Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 500ml pack Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chicken Stock
- 2 lemon grass stalks, finely chopped
- 35g sachet Blue Elephant Thai Red Curry Paste
- 300g Tilda Thai Jasmine Rice
- 200g pack trimmed green beans
- 4 Waitrose Scottish Salmon Fillets (approx 150g each), skins removed
- ½ x 20g pack fresh coriander
- 1 lime, quartered
- Put the coconut milk, chicken stock, lemon grass and curry paste in a flameproof casserole dish with a lid, and bring to the boil, stirring with a wooden spoon until the paste dissolves.
- Add the rice and green beans and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Lay the salmon fillets on top of the rice. Season then cover and cook for a further 5-8 minutes until the rice is tender but not completely dry, and the fish is just cooked through.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
This recipe is cooked in a casserole dish so it can be taken straight to the table, but it will work equally well in a heavy-based saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 247 ratings
This recipe was first published in April 2008.