The phrase “they’re such a bad cook they can’t boil an egg" is pretty misleading. It’s not that straightforward to cook the egg just how you like it time and time again - unless you follow this method! Everyone has a theory about how to cook them but I have found that this is the most consistent. – Dhruv Baker
The perfect boiled egg
- Total time: 3 minutes to 10 minutes
2 essential Waitrose eggs per person
- Place 2 essential Waitrose eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the water is boiling, turn off the heat and allow the residual heat to cook the eggs.
- Use the following timings:
- 3 minutes for runny dippy eggs with soldiers
- 6 minutes for nice soft yolks
- 8 minutes for medium eggs to use in recipes like niçoise salad
- 10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs