1 Waitrose Ready to Roast Butter Basted Turkey with Sage and Onion Stuffing
Traditional roast turkey with bacon lattice
1. Preheat the oven according to the instructions on the pack. Place the stuffed turkey in its ovenable bag into a large roasting tin and cook according to the instructions.
2. Remove from the oven and open the bag carefully using a sharp knife or scissors (take care as steam will escape). Pierce the thickest part of the breast meat with a skewer and check that there is no pink meat and the juices run clear. If more cooking time is required, return it to the oven and continue cooking then retest after 15 minutes.
3. Once cooked, take the turkey out of the oven, carefully remove from the cooking bag and discard, reserving any cooking juices. Cover the turkey loosely in foil and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes before carving.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes per kg (about 3-4 hours, depending on the size of turkey), pluas at least 30 minutes resting time
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 154 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Nov 15 14:42:07 GMT 2012.