Tray-grilled hake with peppers, beans and chick peas
4 essential Waitrose Red Peppers (or use romano peppers)
3 tsp olive oil
400g can essential Waitrose Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
250g essential Waitrose Green Beans, trimmed
4 hake (or other firm white fish fillets), skin removed and pin-boned
50g whole almonds, roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 essential Waitrose Lemon, zest and 1/2 juice
1 tsp hot smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
25g pack flat leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped, leaves torn
1. Preheat the grill to high and put the peppers on a baking tray;
rub with 1 tsp oil. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until
blackened and softened. Put in a large bowl, cover with cling
film and set aside to cool.
2. Mix the chick peas and green beans on the tray with another
1 tsp olive oil, season and spread out. Place the fish on top and coat with the final 1 tsp oil. Season and grill everything for 5 minutes.
Scatter over the almonds and grill for a final 3-5 minutes, until the fish is just flaking and piping hot, and the green beans are tender. Meanwhile, remove and discard the skin and seeds from the grilled peppers, then roughly tear.
3. Set the fish aside and mix the peppers, garlic, lemon zest and juice, paprika and parsley through the chick pea mixture. Divide between plates and serve the fish on top, sprinkling with a pinch more paprika.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes + cooling
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes + cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Dec 30 14:45:38 GMT 2015.