Support Fairtrade by making these refreshing smoothies that mingle bursts of tangy fruit with cooling ice cream and sweet honey.
Tropical Fruit Smoothie with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 100g Waitrose Organic Fairtrade Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/3 x Fairtrade Perfectly Ripe Supersweet Pineapple
- ½ x small organic mango
- 150ml Fairtrade Fruit Passion Pure Tropical Juice
- 1-2 tsp Rowse Fairtrade Pure Chilean Honey
- Spoon the ice cream into a bowl and leave at room temperature while preparing the fruit.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut away the skin from the whole pineapple. Use the tip of the knife to scoop out any brown areas left on the flesh. Quarter the pineapple and cut away the core. Reserving two thin slices for decoration, roughly chop one third of the remaining flesh and place in a blender or food processor.
- Cut the mango in half and remove the stone. Scoop the mango flesh from the skin of one half and roughly chop. Add to the blender with the fruit juice. Whizz everything until smooth, scraping down any pieces of fruit that cling to the sides of the processor. Blend in the honey, to taste.
- Pour the smoothie into two tall glasses and top with the ice cream. Decorate each glass with a slice of pineapple and serve immediately
For our step-by-step guides to preparing mango and pineapple, see waitrose.com/howto.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 5 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 89 ratings
This recipe was first published in Fri Feb 01 00:00:00 GMT 2008.