LOVE life recipe: low in saturated fat
Turkey burgers with avocado yogurt and sweet potato chips
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
4 tsp vegetable oil
500g turkey thigh or breast mince
2 tsp Wahaca habanero chilli sauce (or another chilli sauce)
50g fresh breadcrumbs
3 garlic cloves, crushed
28g pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves torn
1 lime, zest and ½ juice
2 sweet potatoes (about 300g each), cut into 1.5cm-thick chips
1 small avocado
75ml low-fat Greek style natural yogurt
4 LOVE life wholemeal seeded rolls, halved and toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6; heat 3 tsp oil in a baking tray. Thoroughly mix the turkey, chilli sauce, breadcrumbs, garlic, coriander stalks and ½ the lime zest; season and shape into 4 patties roughly 2cm thick.
2. Carefully scatter the sweet potato chips in the hot oil, making sure they are spread out evenly; season and bake for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp.
3. Meanwhile, set a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush the burgers with the remaining 1 tsp oil. Fry for 5 minutes on each side, until browned, then place on a foil-lined tray in the oven below the chips and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. With a fork, mash the avocado, yogurt and remaining lime zest and juice; season. Stir through the coriander leaves just before serving.
5. Assemble the burgers in the buns with the avocado yogurt and remaining coriander leaves, with more chilli sauce and extras such as sliced tomato, red onion or baby gem leaves, if liked. Serve with the chips.