1 of your 5 a day
Rich in niacin
Turkey & edamame bean pilaff
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cinnamon stick
100g brown basmati rice
400ml hot vegetable stock
200g cooked turkey, shredded
100g defrosted edamame shelled (soy beans)
½ x 28g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Cranberry sauce, to serve (optional)
1. Toast the hazelnuts by dry frying in a small pan for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Cool, then roughly chop. Set aside.
2 Return the pan to the heat with the oil and gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the spices and rice, then stir fry for 1–2 minutes.
3. Pour in the hot stock, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until the stock is nearly all absorbed. Stir in the turkey, soy beans and hazelnuts and continue to cook for 5 minutes until everything is piping hot.
4. Season to taste and then scatter over the coriander. Divide between 2 warm bowls and serve with a dollop of cranberry sauce if you wish.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes to 40 minutes
- Total time: 50-55 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 0 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jan 19 10:13:00 GMT 2017.