This deliciously zingy Southeast Asian salad is also low in fat.
Turkey larb with rice noodles and lime
200g thin dried rice noodles
1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
400g essential Waitrose British turkey breast and thigh mince
handful coriander leaves
handful mint leaves
3 essential Waitrose limes, juice (about 125ml)
1 garlic clove, crushed
20g fresh root ginger, finely grated
1½ tbsp fish sauce
1½ tbsp light brown soft sugar
1. Put the noodles in a bowl, pour over a kettle of just-boiled water and set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare everything else. When the noodles are soft but still have a little bite, drain well, and put in a large bowl with the chilli, carrot and onion. Mix the dressing ingredients in another bowl with ½tbsp water; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat until hot. Add the turkey and sear so it browns nicely and breaks into chunks. Once the meat is cooked through – after about 5-8 minutes – add it to the bowl with the noodles, pour over the dressing and mix well.
3. Toss through most of the herbs, transfer the salad to a large platter, then scatter over the remaining herbs before serving.
This recipe first appeared in Waitrose Kitchen magazine. myWaitrose members can download the Waitrose Kitchen app edition for FREE. Find out more
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus soaking
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus soaking
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Mon Jun 01 14:27:28 BST 2015.