This deliciously zingy Southeast Asian salad is also low in fat.
Turkey larb with rice noodles and lime
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus soaking
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus soaking
200g thin dried rice noodles
1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
400g essential Waitrose British turkey breast and thigh mince
handful coriander leaves
handful mint leaves
3 essential Waitrose limes, juice (about 125ml)
1 garlic clove, crushed
20g fresh root ginger, finely grated
1½ tbsp fish sauce
1½ tbsp light brown soft sugar
1. Put the noodles in a bowl, pour over a kettle of just-boiled water and set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare everything else. When the noodles are soft but still have a little bite, drain well, and put in a large bowl with the chilli, carrot and onion. Mix the dressing ingredients in another bowl with ½tbsp water; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat until hot. Add the turkey and sear so it browns nicely and breaks into chunks. Once the meat is cooked through – after about 5-8 minutes – add it to the bowl with the noodles, pour over the dressing and mix well.
3. Toss through most of the herbs, transfer the salad to a large platter, then scatter over the remaining herbs before serving.