A low fat pasta recipe from Weight Watchers. This recipe would normally be 6 points per serving but I have doubled the amount of pasta the original recipe calls for. Pasta bakes are a popular family favourite, so double up the quantities, if required.
Turkey, Pepper & Pasta Bake
225g Turkey Mince
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crused
1 medium red, green or yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
400g canned tomatoes (chopped)
100ml fresh stock, or water
170g dried pasta, any shape
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
25g half fat cheddar cheese, grated to serve.
- Heat the oven to Ga Mark 4 / 180C / 250F. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot and then dry-fry the minced turkey, stirring well, for 7-8 minutes, or until cooked and crumbly.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper and oil. Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the vegtable have softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock or water, pasta shapes, herbs and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a small casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and serve hot, sprinkled with the grated cheese.
- Total time: 50 minutes
Average user rating Based on 20 ratings