This hot biryani is ideal for using up roast turkey or chicken, left over from the big day.
Turkey Biryani With Red Onion and Coriander
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 600g basmati rice
- 1.2 litres hot chicken stock
- 400g cooked, skinless turkey, diced
- 2 tbsp Veeraswamy Hot Madras Curry Paste
- 20g pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Add the oil to a large flameproof casserole dish and set it over a medium heat. Add the carrots and onions, and cook for 5-6 minutes until the onions are softened. Add the rice, pour over the stock, then add the turkey. Stir in the curry paste and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat then cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the coriander, then divide between serving bowls. Serve with poppadoms and Waitrose Spicy Peach Chutney.