An irresistible gift for anyone who loves Turkish delight! The biscuits will keep longer if they're presented in a tin or jar.
Turkish Delight and Rosewater Cookies
- 325g pack Sultan's Rose and Lemon Turkish Delight
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 150g lightly salted butter, chilled
- 25 g icing sugar, plus plenty extra for dusting
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp rosewater
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease 2 baking sheets. Reserve 6 pieces of Turkish delight and cut all the remaining pieces into 1cm cubes.
- Put the flour and butter in a food processor and blend lightly to mix. Add 25g icing sugar, the ground almonds, egg yolk, rosewater and diced Turkish delight, then blend until the mixture forms a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and shape into a log, about 40cm long. Using a knife, cut into 1cm wide pieces and roll each into a ball. Space slightly apart on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes, until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Halve the reserved pieces of Turkish delight. Toss the cookies in plenty of icing sugar. Arrange in a box, tin or jar, scattering the Turkish delight in between.
Can be prepared in advance.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 mins plus cooling
- Total time: 45 mins plus cooling
Makes: Makes about 40
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 25 ratings
This recipe was first published in November 2009.