Juicy berries topped with a creamy lemon posset make for the perfect summertime pud. Quick and simple to make, you can prepare these up to a day in advance, then chill until ready to serve.
Very berry pots
140g redcurrants, plus extra to decorate
100g caster sugar
1⁄2 tsp vanilla bean paste
255g strawberries, quartered
300ml double cream
2 lemons, zest and juice
1. Put the redcurrants in a large pan with 1⁄2 the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, 50g sugar, the vanilla paste and 1 tbsp cold water. Gently heat to dissolve the sugar, then cook until the berries start to burst and release their juices, about 2-3 minutes. Take off the heat and stir in the remaining berries and the strawberries; set aside.
2. Put the cream, lemon zest and remaining 50g sugar in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture just comes to a simmer. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice and sieve into a jug. Leave to cool for 30 minutes, until slightly thickened.
3. Divide the mixed berries and juices between 6 x 200ml glasses and press each one down lightly with the back of a spoon. Pour the lemon posset over the top and chill for 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with a few more redcurrants.
- Preparation time: 25 minuets plus cooling and chilling
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 35 plus cooling and chilling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Jul 15 14:28:37 BST 2014.