2 tbsp jasmine rice
300g white cabbage, finely sliced
2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
1 pack salad onions, shredded
½ x 200g pack radishes, finely sliced
½ cucumber, finely sliced
1 unripe mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 heart Romaine lettuce, shredded roughly
50g mint leaves, picked
28g pack fresh coriander, leaves torn
1. Preheat oven 200ºC, gas mark 6. Place the ducks on a grill over a large roasting tin, pat the skin dry and rub all over with the oil and 5 spice.
2. Place in the oven to roast for2 hours until the skin is crisp and the flesh is tender with no pink meat. Remove from the oven and leave uncovered to rest.
3. To make the dressing: place thefish sauce, rice vinegar and caster sugar in a small saucepan and heat until simmering and the sugar has dissolved. Add the chopped chilli, garlic and lime juice then tip into a bowl and leave to cool completely.
4. In a small dry pan toast the jasmine rice until golden and fragrant. Tip into a spice grinder or pestle and mortar and grind to a fine powder.
5. Add the remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl. Shred the duck and add to the salad. Dress with the dressing and divide amongst the plates, scatter with the toasted rice powder and serve.