Follow dinner with a dessert you can decorate in minutes
Waitrose 1 Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with poached pears in sweet wine
150ml Waitrose Seriously Peachy Limited Reserve Pacherenc Dessert Wine
100g golden caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 lemon, zested with a potato peeler
3 bay leaves
4 Conference pears, peeled halved and cored
1 x 1kg pack Waitrose 1 Baked Vanilla Cheesecake
1. Pour the dessert wine into a pan with 300ml water, the sugar, vanilla pod, lemon zest and bay leaves. Bring slowly to simmering point allowing the sugar to dissolve.
2. Add the pears and bring back up to a simmer and allow the pears to gently poach for 10 minutes until tender.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the pears to cool and stand. Remove the pears from the liquor, return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil to reduce the liquor to a light syrup.
4. Return the pears to the syrup and leave to cool completely. Remove the vanilla pod, lemon and bay leaves.
5. Arrange some of the pears over the top of the cheesecake and drizzle with a little of the syrup. Serve the rest of the pears separately.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes + cooling
- Total time: 40 minutes + cooling
Serves: 4 - 6
Typical values per serving:
per serving for 6
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 13 15:34:21 BST 2016.