When it’s time for entertaining, nothing beats this British beef from Waitrose 1
Waitrose 1 seared côte de boeuf with herb butter
- Preparation time: 10 minutes + chilling overnight
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes + chilling overnight
Serves: 2 - 4
150g butter, very soft
25g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
20g pack fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp pink peppercorns
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 x Waitrose 1 Hereford Beef 30 day Dry Aged Côte de Boeuf, about 850g
1. Put the butter in a bowl with the herbs, mustard, peppercorns and garlic, mash with a fork until incorporated. Scrape onto baking parchment, roll into a cylinder and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6 and heat a griddle pan until hot. Sear the beef for 2 minutes on both sides then transfer to a tray. Top the beef with 2 discs of butter then cook in the oven for 16 minutes for rare, 20 minutes for medium. Place 2 more discs of butter on the top of the beef for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
3. Remove from the oven, top with extra butter (optional), season and leave to rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice thickly and serve with chips.