4 tbsp olive oil
800g sweet potatoes, scrubbed
4 essential Waitrose British Chicken Breasts
100g bag watercress
75g walnut pieces, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
6 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Soft White Breadcrumbs
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg yolk
100ml crème fraÎche
150ml chicken stock
2 tbsp chopped tarragon
Walnut-stuffed chicken with roasted sweet potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Cut the potatoes into 2cm chunks, add to the roasting tin and turn to coat in the oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
2. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Roughly chop the watercress, discarding any large, thick stalks. Heat a frying pan and lightly toast the walnuts. Add the remaining oil and watercress and stir until the watercress has wilted. Tip into a bowl and add the garlic, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and egg yolk. Mix well.
3. Use the stuffing to sandwich the chicken breasts and tie each at both ends with string. Turn the potatoes in the tin and push to one side. Add the chicken to the tin and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes until it is cooked through with no pink meat.
4. Meanwhile, add the crème fraîche, stock and tarragon to a pan and bring to the boil. Cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Remove the chicken and potatoes from the oven. Discard the string and cut each breast in half. Transfer to warmed serving plates with the potatoes and pour over the sauce to serve.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 70 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 15 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Nov 26 10:30:00 GMT 2015.