A warm version of a summer classic, using seasonal ingredients and fragrant herbs. This is just as good cold and will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 24 hours before being dressed.
Warm Cauliflower And Pomegranate Tabouleh
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 150g Waitrose Wholesome Bulghur Wheat
- 250g cauliflower
- 1 pomegranate
- 75g walnut pieces
- 40g chopped fresh mixed herbs (mint, flat-leaf parsley, coriander)
- Olive oil, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Cook the bulghur wheat, according to the instructions on the pack, for 10-15 minutes or until al dente. Leave to drain.
- Cut the cauliflower into tiny florets. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, and discard any bitter pith.
- Place the cauliflower and pomegranate in a large mixing bowl with the walnut pieces, fresh herbs and the warm bulghur wheat. Season well and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice to taste. Serve with meat or fish, or barrel-aged feta and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds.