Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - This is a lovely, easy combination to serve warm as a starter, as an accompaniment to the main event, or even cold the next day for lunch.
Warm leek and white bean salad with mustard dressing
- 410g tin White beans, such as cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 5 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 Large leeks, trimmed, washed and finely sliced
- 10g Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Cider vinegar
- A pinch Caster sugar
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and a good pinch of salt. As soon as the leeks begin to soften, turn down the heat fairly low and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until they are soft (don’t let them take on any colour).
- Add the beans and toss together until heated through. Take off the heat; stir in the parsley and plenty of black pepper.
- For the dressing, whisk together the mustards, vinegar, sugar and remaining oil and season well. Stir into the pan of warm leeks and beans.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 14 minutes
- Total time: 24 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 23 ratings
This recipe was first published in March 2010.