4 tbsp Heinz Tomato Ketchup
4 tbsp clear honey
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
50g light brown soft sugar
1 tbsp Lea & Perrins
2 cloves garlic, crushed
800g Aberdeen Angus rump steak
4 red onions, halved and thickly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
8 Wheatflour Tortillas
Whisky-glazed steak tortilla wraps
- Preparation time: 15 minutes + marinating
- Cooking time: 25 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 40 to 50 minutes + marinating
Makes: 8 wraps
1. In a large shallow dish, mix together the whisky, tomato ketchup, honey, mustard, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Add the steak (keep in 1 piece or cut into 4 servings), turning to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C,
gas mark 6. Place the onions in a roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time, until slightly charred and softened. Meanwhile, drain the marinade from the steak and pour it into a medium-sized pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Allow to cool.
3. Place half the cooled sauce in a small bowl and use to brush the steak. Reserve the remaining sauce. Place the steak on a hot barbecue or under a preheated grill and cook for 2½ minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium and 6 minutes each side for well done, basting the meat as it cooks.
4. Place the tortillas on the barbecue and cook for 30 seconds on each side (or heat according to pack instructions). Cut the steak into thin strips and serve with the onions and reserved sauce wrapped in the warmed tortillas.