- 1 green pepper
- 1 parsnip
- 2 carrots
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions,
- 2 potatoes, medium
- 1 small swede (To ensure even cooking, cut the vegetables into 4cm pieces.)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g root ginger, grated
- 300ml fresh vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 500g pack Saxby's Puff Pastry
- A little milk to glaze
Winter Casserole with Pastry Lid
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and fry, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Mix the orange juice, zest, honey, cinnamon and the juice squeezed from the grated ginger with the stock and pour over the top.
- Season, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a 1.2-1.4 Litre ovenproof dish. Roll out the pastry to fit and fix to the top with trimmings. Press down firmly to seal. Brush with milk and cut a slit in the centre.
- Bake in a preheated oven 220ºC, gas mark 7 for 20 minutes, until risen and golden. Serve immediately.