- 100 g dried sour cherries
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 g capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped dill
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 250 g swede, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250 g celeriac, peeled and thinly sliced
Yotam Ottolenghi’s sweet and sour celeriac and swede
- Place the sliced celeriac and swede in a mixing bowl. Add all the rest of the ingredients and use your hands to mix everything together thoroughly. Massaging the vegetables a little will help them absorb the flavours. Add salt and pepper to taste. You might also want to add extra sugar and vinegar.
- Allow the salad to sit for 1 hour so the flavours can evolve. It will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge. Add more herbs just before serving, for a fresher look.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus resting
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 5 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Dec 01 00:00:00 GMT 2009.