1. To pickle the celeriac, place the vinegar and the sugar in a small pan and bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar. Add the celeriac and allow to cool completely. Leave the celeriac covered in the fridge for at least 4 hours before using.
2. To make the yuzu apples, place the thinly sliced apple into a bowl with the yuzu juice and 20g water. Leave to stand in the fridge for 4 hours. Drain the liquid from both the apples and celeriac.
3. Meanwhile, to make the remoulade put all the ingredients except the oil in a tall jar or food processor with 15g water. Blitz – with a stick blender if using a jar – then slowly add the oil while blitzing until it thickens to the consistency of double cream. Cover and reserve in the fridge.
4. Lightly grease the vegetables and place on the barbecue grill to char on all sides. Remove from the grill and season. Allow to cool. Thinly slice the vegetables.
5. Combine the vegetables with the celeriac, apples and remoulade. Serve with the pork chops, cooked according to pack instructions, alongside Heston’s shoestring fries (find the recipe at waitrose.com/hestonfries), if you wish.