This light and fluffy reduced-fat cheesecake, set with jelly, is so refreshing you'll want to treat yourself time and time again.
Zesty Lime Cheesecake with a Crunchy Biscuit Base
50g unsalted butter, cut into chunks
150g pack Waitrose Reduced Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies, crushed
135g pack Hartley's Lime Jelly, cut into small pieces
½ x 410g can Carnation Light Evaporated Milk, chilled
200g pack Waitrose Half Fat Extra Light Soft Cheese
- Line the base of a 20cm x 5cm round loose-bottomed sandwich tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared sandwich tin and chill.
- In a bowl, dissolve the jelly in 100ml boiling water. Stir with a spoon then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the evaporated milk in a large bowl using an electric or balloon whisk, until light and fluffy, and doubled in volume. Then whisk in the cream cheese until smooth and well combined.
- Take the finely grated zest and juice of 2 of the limes. Finely slice the remaining lime and set aside. Add all the juice and half of the zest to the cream cheese mix then whisk in the jelly. (Keep the rest of the zest chilled.) Pour over the biscuit base and chill for 2 hours or until set. Decorate with the reserved lime zest and slices of lime.
Make a lemon cheesecake by replacing the grated zest and juice of the limes with the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and using lemon jelly instead of lime jelly.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus 2 hours chilling
- Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 224 ratings
This recipe was first published in Mon Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.