Even when time is short, you can still put together a delicious and nutritious meal. The fresh ingredients in this salad not only give you lots of flavour, but 2 of your 5 a day.
Zingy prawn & mango salad
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: No cooking required
- Total time: 15 minutes
8cm piece cucumber
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 large mango, stoned, skinned and cut into batons
200g pack Royal Greenland Premium Large North Atlantic Cold Water Prawns, defrosted according to pack instructions
2 little gem lettuce hearts
2 salad onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1. Using a swivel-style peeler, very lightly peel the cucumber. Halve lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scoop out and discard the seeds. Thinly slice diagonally.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the lime zest and juice, fish sauce and sunflower oil. Add the cucumber, mango and prawns, and gently toss together. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Separate the leaves of the washed lettuce and arrange on two serving plates. Spoon the prawn mixture on top, scatter over the salad onions and coriander leaves, and serve.