Guarantees, warranties and arranging repair
We always honour the manufacturer’s guarantee period where offered; these are usually one year unless otherwise stated. Please see individual product pages for details.
We include a 5 year guarantee on all Televisions, and a minimum 2 year guarantee on all Technology and Electricals at no extra cost
Our guarantees provide full cover against breakdown while in normal use. This mean that if your purchase develops a fault during the period shown above, we arrange repair free of charge. Furthermore, your guarantee is transferable with ownership.
This extended guarantee provides:
- A repair service in the event of breakdown of any functioning part of your product, for the period stated by the guarantee.
- We’ll provide the repair service without charge up to a cost equal to the original purchase price paid for the product.
- All repair services are provided by authorised service technicians.
- If we decide your product cannot be repaired, or is uneconomical to repair, we’ll replace it with the same model. If it’s no longer available, we’ll discuss an alternative settlement with you.
These service and repair costs are excluded from the guarantee:
- Repair costs caused by any external cause such as fire, theft or weather including lightning damage.
- Repair costs caused if the item under guarantee has been accidentally damaged, for example, if it has been dropped. (Such damage will often be covered by a household contents insurance policy.)
- Repair costs for ‘image ghosting’ or ‘screen burn’. This can appear on a screen if left operating for a prolonged period with either a still image or a channel displaying a logo.
- Repair costs for pixel spots: tiny dark or bright spots that may be visible anywhere on a screen.
- Repair costs for when the digital television picture is affected by any of the following: a misaligned or unsuitable aerial, climatic conditions, geographic location, poor-quality or low-strength broadcast signal.
- Faulty software.
- Repairs due to breakdown caused by use other than domestic by you or your family, or by deliberate damage or neglect of the product.
- Consumer replaceable items including, but not limited to, batteries, light bulbs and other consumables.
- Cosmetic damage and/or non-functioning parts which do not affect the normal use of the product including cabinet trim, scratches and rust.
- Work which relates to a manufacturer’s recall of the product.
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss other than the replacement cost of the product.
We reserve the right to charge for the expense of a service call when no fault has been found with the product after we have inspected it.
If you require repair during our gurantee period simply contact our Techincal Helpline with details of the model number and date of purchase. Your original receipt provides this information and acts as your guarantee, so please make sure you retain it throughout the guarantee period.
Should we decide your product is beyond economic repair, we will replace it with a unit of equivalent specification. If no equivalent specification product is available we will discuss with you an alternative settlement.
If you have any queries concerning guarantees, warranties or arranging repair for a faulty product, please contact our Technical Helpline (provided by John Lewis) on 0844 6931799 (call charges will depend on your telephone provider. Please check with your operator for exact charges).