Quick Check terms & conditions
1. To use the Quick Check service (“Quick Check”) you must have a valid myWaitrose account and agree to these terms and conditions, and our
2. To use Quick Check, you must check in by swiping or scanning your myWaitrose card before starting your shop. You must be the registered owner of the associated myWaitrose card. We collect information about you when you register with myWaitrose and use Quick Check. By using Quick Check, you agree to Waitrose:
(a) collecting information about you, including registration details, information about your use of Quick Check, purchases, and other information that you give Waitrose;
(b) using your information to manage and improve the Quick Check service, check and verify your identity, and prevent or detect crime;
(c) analysing your information to see how you use the Quick Check service, understand your shopping behaviour, send you information, offers and promotions for the products or services which are most likely to interest you; and providing your details to the John Lewis Partnership (including John Lewis and John Lewis Financial Services), who may contact you with news about products and services. Waitrose will never release a member’s personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for them to use for their own mailing or marketing purposes. You can opt out of marketing communications; on registration for myWaitrose, or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on emails from us, or by changing your preferences on Waitrose.com in “My Account”.
4. All items must be scanned before being put into your shopping basket. You agree to draw the cashiers attention to any items which, for whatever reason, have not been scanned whilst using Quick Check so they can be scanned and charged at the end of your shop.
5. You agree that your shopping may be rescanned at random intervals or at anytime required by Waitrose. A rescan does not imply any wrongdoing on your part. If there is a difference between your scan and the rescan, the rescan shall be decisive.
6. You agree to pay the total shown at the Quick Check checkout, or following a re-scan as appropriate.
7. You agree to use the Quick Check service with reasonable care, and not to cause damage to the Quick Check scanners.
8. Waitrose reserves the right to refer the matter to the police when it is considered that misuse of the Quick Check service has taken place.
9. Waitrose reserves the right to vary these terms or withdraw Quick Check at any time without notice. The decision of Waitrose in all matters shall be final and binding.
10. Waitrose may suspend or cancel your registration to use Quick Check immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
11. Quick Check is owned and operated by Waitrose Limited, a company registered in England whose registered office is at 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN, company number: 00099405.
12. These terms and conditions shall be subject to the laws of England.