Terms & Conditions
Draw your own Robin competition
1. Promotion open to UK residents, aged 11 or under. The entrant’s parents, carers or guardians must not be employees of the Promoter or John Lewis plc or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. To enter, simply send a Robin picture, design or illustration along with the entrant’s name and address by post in an envelope marked ‘Waitrose Robin Competition’ to Wallace House, Doncastle Road, Bracknell, RG12 8YA
3. Entries must be created on an A4 piece of paper or card and can be in any medium (paint, pencil, crayon, computer etc.), but must not have any bulky objects stuck on. The Promoter will not return any original entries submitted by post.
4. For entries to be accepted, a parent, carer or guardian of the entrant must give signed consent, either in writing included with postal entries or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must provide consent to receive notification by email in the event that the entrant is chosen as a winner.
5. Entries must be received by 23:59 on 6 December .
6. Only one entry per person.
7. Four winners will be selected, two aged 7 to 11 and two aged 6 years and under. The winners will be selected and notified by email by 9 December 2016. The decision of the judge is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into. The full name of the judge is available on request.
8. A confirmation letter will be sent in the post to the winner within 7 days following such notification.
9. The prize consists of a copy of the book ‘Coming Home’, signed by the author Michael Morpurgo for each of the four winners. Plus one overall winner will have an image of their picture printed in the 20 December 2016 issue of Waitrose Weekend.
10. In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner by 12 December 2016, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award it to an alternative winner.
11. The winners’ details (name and county) will be available for six weeks from 9 December 2016 by sending a SAE to Waitrose Christmas Card Competition, Waite House, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, RG12 8YA to be received on or after 9 December 2016.
12. Proof of submitting your entry is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means will be rejected.
13. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason.
14. All entrants must obtain parental or guardian consent before providing any personal data.
15. By entering the competition the entrant and his or her parent, carer or guardian confirm that the entry is the entrant’s own sole and original work and the entrant has not copied his or her entry from anyone else or used anyone else’s materials to create the entry.
16. The Promoter reserves the right (but not the obligation) to disqualify any entries which the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to contain material that is: obscene, defamatory, blasphemous, offensive or untruthful; promotes or incites racial or religious hatred or any other form of hatred, violence, aggression or discrimination; infringes or is likely to infringe any copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral right or any other right whatsoever of any third party; is derogatory or damaging to the goodwill and/or reputation of the Promoter; breaches or is likely to cause the Promoter to breach, any UK laws; or is likely to cause undue distress or upset to any person.
17. By entering the competition the entrant and his or her parent, carer or guardian grant to the Promoter a royalty-free, worldwide and exclusive licence to use the picture to feature in Waitrose publications and online, and if the entrant’s picture is declared the winner they agree that the Promoter can use the picture without restriction to feature in any media throughout the world (including to advertise the competition and for future promotions of the Promoter, advertising and marketing campaigns). The entrant and his or her parent, carer or guardian agree that the Promoter has the right to adapt the entry (including editing, deleting, copying etc.) and to transfer the entry to different media formats.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
19. The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
20. The Promoter will never release the personal details of the entrant or his or her parent, carer or guardian to any company outside of the John Lewis Partnership (which includes John Lewis, Waitrose, John Lewis Insurance and John Lewis Financial Services Ltd) for mailing or marketing purposes. By participating in the prize draw you agree that the Promoter and any other company within the John Lewis Partnership may use and store the personal details of the entrant or his or her parent, carer or guardian in England, Scotland, Wales, Guernsey or Jersey in the course of running the competition, as set out in these terms and conditions, for related purposes such as promoting the competition and announcing and publicising the winner and advertising products offered for sale by the John Lewis Partnership, subject to compliance with applicable data protection laws.
21. By taking part in the promotion, entrants and their parents, carers or guardians agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
22. This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA