Heston Promotion Terms and Conditions
1) Promotion open to residents of Great Britain excluding residents of Northern Ireland, aged 18 or over.
2) Closing Date: Prizes must be claimed by 23:59 on 31 January 2014, by following the instructions set out below.
3) The winners will be the 5 individual ticketholders who find a “Heston Hidden Ticket” in a box of Heston from Waitrose Chocolate Box. The prize is participation in the Prize Event, as set out below.
4) Each winner may bring one guest of their choice to take part in the Prize Event, with at least one party being over 18 years old
5) To claim their prize, the winners must phone 01344 825520 by 23.59 on 31 January 2014 and leave their name and contact number. The Promoter will return the winner’s call within 5 days, and ask the winner to provide the reference from their ticket, in order to be given the full details of the Prize Event (as described below). A winner who has submitted incorrect personal details when submitting their entry risks forfeiting their prize.
6) The Prize Event involves a ‘Heston Food Experience’ starting at 10.30 am on 24 March 2014 in Bray, Berkshire. Winners and their guests will be transported from their homes in the UK to Bray (exact details to be confirmed by the Promoter before the Prize Event date). The ‘Heston Food Experience’ will start with a tour for all winners and their guests of selected Heston restaurants and pubs in Bray, followed by lunch at midday at the Hind’s Head, Bray (which includes a fixed set menu and selected drinks). Then from 2-4pm, Heston and his team will host a food demonstration with tastings at one of his experimental kitchens in Bray. Winners and their guests will then be transported to London where they will enjoy an evening meal from a set tasting menu with selected accompanying wines at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. This will be followed by one night’s accommodation based on a twin/double room, which is to be shared by the winner and their guest, on a bed and breakfast basis at a top London 5 star hotel. Transport from Dinner to the hotel will be provided by the Promoter. On the morning of the 25 March 2014, winners and their guests will be transported from the hotel back to their homes. Any additional costs incurred with the Prize Event will be payable by the winners and/or their guests.
7) In the event that any winner refuses acceptance of the prize or, for whatever reason, cannot accept the prize, or if the Promoter is unable to make contact with any winner within 7 days of the winner leaving his or her details in the manner described above at paragraph 5, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner in its absolute discretion.
8) The winners details (name and county) will be available for six weeks from 8th February 2014 by sending a SAE to Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA to be received on or after 8 February 2014.
9) The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be received for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means (including by email or post) will be rejected.
10) The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling or transferring their prizes to any other person.
11) The prize must be taken on 24 March 2014 and there is no option to change dates.
12) Each winner must bring the original Heston’s Hidden Ticket with them to the Prize Event on 24 March 2014. Failure by any winner to do so risks forfeiture of their prize.
13) The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third parties to fulfil their obligations associated with this competition. The winners and their guests will be bound by any terms imposed by any third parties providing services as part of the prize.
14) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
15) The winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
16) By participating in this promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use and store your personal details in the course of running the promotion as set out in these terms and conditions, for related promotional purposes and announcing and publicising the winner and advertising the Promoter’s products, subject to compliance with applicable data protection laws.
17) By participating in this promotion, winners and their guests agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in forfeiture of the prize.
18) The Promoter shall have no liability to any winners or their guests in connection with this promotion, save as required by law or as specifically set out herein.
19) By participating in the promotion, you agree that the John Lewis Partnership* may use your personal details for mailing or marketing purposes..
* John Lewis Partnership includes John Lewis, Waitrose, John Lewis Insurance and John Lewis Financial Services Any breach of these terms and conditions by the winner may result in forfeiture of their prize.
20) This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA