Terms and conditions
1. To enter: Simply comment on the candle centrepiece post on Facebook, telling us who you would give the prize to and why. Comments must be made between 12pm on Monday 21st Nov 2016 and 12pm on Friday 25th November 2016.
2. Entrants must be UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland and Channel Islands residents), aged 18 or over as of their date of entry. Excludes residents of the Isles of Scilly (TR21-25), Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands or addresses outside the UK as well as some remote areas of Scotland with the following postcodes:
AB (all), DD3-11, DG3-14, DG16, EH35-40, EH42-46, FK8, FK17-21, G83-84, HS1-9, IV1-28, IV30-36, IV40-49, IV51-56, IV63, KA6, KA18-19, KA26-28, KW1-3, KW5-17, KY9-10, KY14-16, ML12, PA20-49, PA60-78, PA80, PH3-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, TD1-15, ZE1-3.
3. There will be only one winner.
4. The prize is two Waitrose ‘luxury Christmas delight candle centrepiece’s’ from waitroseflorist.com for themselves and a friend the prize can be viewed here. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. The prize will be delivered between 14 - 24 December 2016.
5. Entries will be selected from 1pm on Friday 25th November 2016 from all the valid entries received by the closing date. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered.
6. There will be one prize draw as part of the promotion. The prize will be awarded to the first entry selected at random, using a random number generator.
7. No automated, third party or bulk entries permitted. Entrants can enter more than once.
8. Participants must provide to the Promoter, when requested, documentary proof of their age and/or residency status. Failure to meet these criteria shall result in instant disqualification from the Promotion including receipt of any prize.
9. All entries must be submitted by midday on Friday 25th November 2016. Illegible entries or those not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are incomplete, invalid or fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
10. The winner will be notified by direct reply on the Waitrose candle centrepiece competition Facebook post by 6pm on Tuesday 29th November 2016. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner, however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within 24 hours, an alternative winner may be chosen, subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein. Those entering are advised to ‘Like’ Waitrose on Facebook and check their Facebook notifications from Friday 25th November 2016.
11. If the winner of the prize is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
12. We will only disclose the winner’s details to a governmental body or agency.
13. No cash alternative will be offered and no royalties will be given to the winner of the competition. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
14. The winner and/or entrants and their names and/or area and/or entries may be printed by Waitrose. The Winners and their name and/or area and/or entries may also be featured on Waitrose.com and on the Waitrose Facebook page.
15. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
16. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
17. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
18. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
19. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
20. We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prize only.
21. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook.
22. You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of promotions on Facebook.
23. By entering the promotion you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Facebook.
24. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA