Christmas Bakes Competition Terms and conditions
1. This promotion is only open to all United Kingdom residents (excluding residents of Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands) aged 18 or over. All winners of prizes and their guests must also be aged 18 or over.
2. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
3. Internet access is required.
4. Participants may enter as many times as they wish until the Closing Date. No automated entries permitted.
5. Promotional Period: Submit your entry between 12:00 on 5 December 2016 and 23:59 on 11 December 2016.
6. To Enter: On Twitter entrants must tell us who makes the most amazing Christmas bakes for the chance to win a KitchenAid for themselves and a friend using the #HomeForChristmas hashtag and including the @waitrose handle.
On Facebook users must leave a comment on the Waitrose Christmas Bakes competition post when prompted, telling us who makes the most amazing Christmas bakes for the chance to win a KichenAid for themselves and a friend.
Please note: In accordance with Facebook terms of service and privacy laws, we will not be able to see entries from people with strict privacy settings on Facebook. Therefore, to be eligible to receive a prize, Facebook users must leave a comment when prompted on Waitrose Facebook posts that refer to the promotion. Those entering are advised to ‘Like’ Waitrose on Facebook and check their Facebook notifications from Monday 12 December 2016.
7. There is one grand prize to be won in this promotion. The prize consists of two ‘KitchenAid Artisan 4.8L Cast Iron Onyx Black Stand Mixer’ for themselves and a friend. You can view the prize here. The prize is subject to availability. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. The prize will be sent within 21 days once confirmation of a winner’s full name and UK postal address has been received.
8. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries received throughout the promotional period until 23:59 on 11 December 2016. The winner will be chosen using a random number generator and will include entries entered throughout the promotion, from Facebook and Twitter.
9. The Winner will be notified by the means they entered e.g. Twitter or Facebook by 18:00 on Wednesday 14 December. The winner will be required to respond within 3 days of notification to confirm their acceptance of the prize. In the event winners do not respond to communications within 3 days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not reward the prize to a reserve.
10. If a previously confirmed winner for the prize contacts the promoter outside of the winner communication timeframe (as stipulated in clause 9), to then decline their prize the promoter reserves the right to cancel that prize.
11. Throughout the promotion, Waitrose will also be surprising entrants at random with Waitrose Christmas gifts. Gifts will range in value and will be completely at Waitrose discretion. Prizes may include but not exclusively; mince pies, Christmas pudding, chocolates and Panettone.
a) All valid entries received by 11:59 on 11 December 2016 will be selected throughout the promotional period and they may be announced at any time until Wednesday 14 December 2016 as decided by Waitrose. Each time a new winner is selected, that winner will be chosen using a random number generator and will include entries entered throughout the promotion.
b) Winners will be notified by the means they entered e.g. Twitter or Facebook, within 3 working days of these prize draws. The winners will be required to respond within 3 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event Winners do not respond to communications within 3 days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and not reward the prize to a reserve.
c) Prizes will be sent within 21 days once confirmation of a winner’s full name and UK postal address has been received.
d) If a previously confirmed winner for a prize contacts the promoter outside of the winner communication timeframe (as stipulated in clause 11b), to then decline their prize the promoter reserves the right to cancel that prize.
12. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification the Promoter may award the applicable prize to another entrant.
13. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries. Any incorrect information provided will render the entry void.
15. The winners shall, at the Promoter’s request, participate in reasonable promotional activity surrounding the winning of the prize, for no further consideration, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material, which includes social media and waitrose.com
16. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. In the event for any reason a prize winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
17. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
18. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter and Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to these social media channels.
19. You must comply with rules governing the use of Twitter and Facebook.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
21. By entering this promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
22. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Waitrose Ltd , Doncastle Road , Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, RG12 8YA