Facebook Easter egg competition
We asked you to suggest a new flavour for our chocolate Easter eggs and here are our top three. Vote for your favourite flavour by commenting on Facebook:
A – Salted caramel, peanut butter and banana
B – Strawberry and Prosecco
C – Chocolate orange
Chocolate Easter egg terms and conditions
1. Votes can be made on Facebook only. Votes must be entered in the comments of the relevant posts published by Waitrose, to be counted.
2. Voting opens from 10am on Monday 10th April 2017 and closes at 11:59pm on Monday 17th April 2017.
3. We accept no responsibility for any incomplete, invalid, or illegible votes, entries which fail to be properly submitted and we accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
4. There will only be one (“Winner”) and two runners-up (“Runners-up”).
5. The Winner will be the first person who submitted the chocolate Easter egg flavour that received the most eligible combined votes from Facebook. The winner and runners-up will be notified by a direct message on Facebook by Wednesday 19th April 2017. The winner will be required to respond within 8 days of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within 8 days of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and reward the prize to a reserve.
6. The name and region of the winner will be available by writing to the promoter for up to one month from the time of the draw.
7. The winner will receive £500 worth of Waitrose/John Lewis vouchers. The winning Easter egg will be produced and sold in selected Waitrose branches throughout the UK in 2017. Two runner up prizes of £100 Waitrose/John Lewis vouchers will be awarded to the second and third place flavour suggestions. No cash alternative will be offered and no royalties will be given to the winner of the competition. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value. Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
8. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
10. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
11. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
12. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
14. We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
15. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook.