Win an Australian adventure for two
With pristine beaches, wonderful wildlife, delicious food and some of the friendliest locals you’ll ever meet, a trip to Australia is a truly fantastic experience.
One lucky Waitrose Food reader will win a two-week holiday for two. During their stay they’ll enjoy some of the country’s best wineries and foodie hotspots and will get to explore several outstanding destinations, including Perth and the Margaret River region, Adelaide and surrounding wine regions, and Sydney. What’s more, they’ll fly in style from London to Perth on award-winning carrier Etihad Airways, known for its superior in-flight dining experiences and commitment to comfort and luxury.
In Western Australia, the winning pair will visit the lively city of Perth before heading to Margaret River, where they’ll discover fine food, breathtaking coastal scenery and some of the famous local wines on a classic wine tour. They’ll also spend time in Adelaide, South Australia’s cosmopolitan capital, as well as the spectacular wine regions nearby. Each year Australia produces more than 1 billion litres of wine, including some of the world’s best bottles. The winner and their guest will also get to try fresh local produce at some of South Australia’s many excellent restaurants.
The fantastic trip ends with four nights in Sydney, home to a glittering harbour, stunning beaches and top restaurants. Alongside return flights to London, the prize also includes car hire and 12 nights’ accommodation.
Trailfinders, the UK's number-one tour operator to Australia, will take care of all the arrangements for the winner. Offering exceptional service and unbeatable value on tailormade itineraries worldwide, nobody knows Australia quite like Trailfinders. Their professional and friendly experts are on hand seven days a week to ensure you make the most of your time in this awe-inspiring country.
Terms and conditions
1) This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 or over and entrants must not be employees (nor the family of employees) of John Brown, Waitrose Ltd, Tourism Australia or anyone else professionally linked with the competition.
2) The closing date is 23.59 on 26th October 2016. Winners will be picked at random from all correct entries received by the closing date.
3) The result of the competition is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
4) The prize includes the following for the winner and a travel companion of their choice:
· 2 nights’ accommodation Perth
· 2 nights’ accommodation Margaret River
· 3 days’ car hire in WA
· One wine tour in the Margaret River
· Domestic flights PER-ADL
· 2 nights’ accommodation Adelaide
· 2 nights’ accommodation in one of the SA wine regions
· 3 days’ car hire in SA
· One wine tour in SA
· Domestic flights ADL-SYD
· 4 nights’ accommodation Sydney
· Economy flights with Etihad from London to Perth and from Sydney to London (no taxes/charges to be passed on to the winner)
· The above is subject to change and Trailfinders will provide a final itinerary
5) Travel insurance and spending money are not provided and are the responsibility of the prize winner.
6) Additional costs are not included within the holiday prize and are the responsibility of the prize winner and not the Promoter, the Administrator or any of the Prize Partner.
7) The donors reserve the right to alter the prize offered, provided the alternative prize is of an equivalent value.
8) All elements of the prize are subject to availability and non-transferable, and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party without the prior agreement of the prize donors.
9) All stated prize values are at the supplier’s recommended retail price and are correct at the time of printing. John Brown excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense caused in connection to any competition.
10) The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
11) One entry per person. Multiple entries, submitted directly or with the use of any automated systems will not be entered into the draw. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post. Proof of posting will not be regarded as proof of delivery. Illegible entries or those not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified; any entry containing false, incomplete or misleading information will be ineligible for the draw.
14) By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules. While every attempt will be made to contact the prize winner, the prize will be deemed forfeited if it has not been claimed by four weeks after the closing date (unless otherwise stated), and the promoter reserves the right to draw another winner.
15) The winner’s details (name and county) will be available for six weeks by sending a SAE to Waitrose Food, John Brown Media, 8 Baldwin Street, London, EC1V 9NU to be received after 26th October 2016.
16) This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17) Accommodation to be minimum four star and to include breakfast.
18) The driver will need to have a current driver’s license and take out additional car insurance when picking up the car.
19) The competition winners will be able to travel between January 16th and June 16th 2017.
20) The winners will need to notify Trailfinders of their preferred date of departure at least 8 weeks before the preferred date of departure from the UK. The prize is subject to availability.
21) Visas are the winners’ responsibility and must be arranged by the winners.
Promoter: John Brown Media, 8 Baldwin Street, London, EC1V 9NU