Terms and conditions
1. To enter, comment on the Waitrose Facebook competition post telling us your favourite food for on the go.
2. Comments must be sent between 12pm on Thursday 25th August 2016 and 23.59 on Monday 29th August 2016.
3. Entrants must be mainland UK residents, aged 18 or over as of their date of entry. Excludes residents of the Isles of Scilly, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands or addresses outside the UK as well the Isle of Wight.
4. There will be one winner (“Winner”).
5. The prize consists of £100 John Lewis Waitrose vouchers
6. There will be one prize draw as part of the promotion. The prize will be awarded to the first comment selected at random on Tuesday 30th August 2016 from all the valid entries received by the closing date. Entries received after the closing date cannot be considered.
7. No automated, third party or bulk entries permitted.
8. Participants must provide to the Promoter, when requested, documentary proof of their age and/or residency status. Failure to meet these criteria shall result in instant disqualification from the Promotion including receipt of any Prize.
9. All entries must be submitted by 23.59 on Monday 29th August 2016. Illegible entries or those not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are incomplete, invalid or fail to be properly submitted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
10. The promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion.
11. The Winners will be notified by direct message (DM) on Facebook by 5pm on Tuesday 30th August 2016.
12. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners, however, if the promoter is unable to contact a winner within 48 hours, an alternative winner may be chosen, subject to the same terms and conditions specified herein.
13. Those entering are advised to ‘like’ the Waitrose Facebook page and check their Facebook private messages from 12pm on Tuesday 30th August 2016.
14. If a winner of the prize is unable to take up the prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
15. We will only disclose winner details to a governmental body or agency.
16. No cash alternative will be offered and no royalties will be given to the winners of the competition.
17. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one equivalent or of greater value.
18. Waitrose and partners accept no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused by any prizes won.
19. The Winners and/or entrants and their names and/or area and/or entries may be printed by Waitrose. The Winners and their name and/or area and/or entries may also be featured on waitrose.com or on the Waitrose social media channels.
20. If events occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond Waitrose’s reasonable control, it may, at its discretion, vary or amend the promotion accordingly and the promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in such circumstances.
21. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control.
22. The promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
23. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
24. Waitrose and partners are responsible for the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition.
25. We will never release your personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes, unless you opt-in to receive information and offers. In this instance, personal details are used for the purposes of awarding the competition prizes only.
26. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
27. You understand that by entering the competition you are providing your information to Waitrose and not to Facebook.
28. You must comply with all of the rules regarding the use of Facebook including but not limited to any rules relating to the entry of promotions on Facebook.
29. By entering the promotion you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the promotion.
30. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Waitrose and not Facebook.
31. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
Promoter: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA