Win dinner for two at Aqua Shard plus award-winning Yealands wine
Located on the 31st floor of The Shard, the Aqua Shard restaurant serves innovative contemporary British fare as guests take in spectacular views of London. We’re giving away a meal for two at Aqua Shard, complete with a bottle of Peter Yealands Reserve Sauvignon Blanc on arrival. Five runners-up will each receive a mixed case of six Yealands wines.
At the Yealands Estate in Marlborough, New Zealand, the soil, climate, crystal waters and coastal breezes combine to produce wines bursting with flavour. In the ten years since Peter Yealands founded the company, it has won a raft of awards for its commitment to eco-friendly winemaking. Look out for Peter Yealands Reserve Sauvignon Blanc (£11.59; £8.69 until 15 May/75cl) and Peter Yealands Sauvignon Blanc Rosé (£9.99/75cl) in store.
How many storeys tall is the Shard skyscraper?
Terms and Conditions+
WHO CAN ENTER
1. This competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except for employees of the Promoter, its associated companies, agents, third parties or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
2. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this competition. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
3. There is no purchase necessary and no charge to submit an entry via the website at www.waitrose.com/yealands
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
4. Entries must be received between 00.01 on 18 April 2018 and 21:59 on 13 May 2018, the “Closing Date”. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
5. To enter, simply go to www.waitrose.com/yealands, follow the instructions at the top of the page and submit your details and other required information using the online form provided.
6. There is a limit of one entry per person. Multiple entries submitted directly or with the use of any automated systems will not be entered into the draw.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in transit, regardless of the cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
8. Any entry not in accordance with the rules or any entry containing false, incomplete or misleading information will be void and will entitle the Promoter to exclude the entry from the competition.
9. The prize is dinner for two people at the Aqua Shard, Level 31, The Shard, 31 St. Thomas Street, London, SE1 9RY. The maximum prize value is £400. In addition, the winner will receive a bottle of Yealands Reserve Sauvignon Blanc on arrival.
10. There are five runner-up prizes of a mixed case of six Yealands wines.
11. Travel to and from the Aqua Shard is not included in the prize. This and any other expenses in the general use of and enjoyment of the prize that the winners or their guests incur are the sole responsibility of the winners or their guests.
12. Prizes are subject to availability. They are non-transferable, non-refundable and, unless stated, there are no cash alternatives. In the event that the prize is out of stock or if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, award alternative prizes of equal or higher value.
13. All valid and, if applicable, correct entries received by the Closing Date will be entered into a prize draw, and the winners will be picked at random.
14. The winner’s details (name and county) will be available for 6 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request to the Promoter at myWaitrose Marketing, Wallace House, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, RG12 8YA enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope
15. The winners will be notified by phone call as soon as practicable after the prize draw, using the contact details provided with the competition entry. The winners will be required to respond within 14 days of notification (unless otherwise stated) confirming their acceptance of the prizes. In the event that a winner does not respond to communications within this period or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and draw another winner.
16. The winner must provide a UK postal address where they can receive the prize and a contact name and number to arrange delivery.
17. Please allow 5 days from the date of the winner’s address verification for delivery of the prize.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
AGENT: John Brown Magazines Ltd, 8 Baldwin Street, London EC1V 9NU
AGENT: Enotria Winecellars Ltd., 23 Cumberland Avenue, London NW10 7RX
SUPPLIER: Yealands Estate Wines Limited New Zealand, 139 Quay Street, Shed 20 Level 1, Princes Wharf, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
20. If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, for no further consideration.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies, companies and distributors will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including liability for fraud or death or personal injury arising from negligence) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum permitted by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
23. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or if the Promoter believes that your conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the competition into disrepute, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to make your entry void and will entitle the Promoter to exclude you from participating in the competition.
24. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
26. This competition and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
The Promoter is Waitrose Limited a company with registered company number 00099405 and registered office at 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. All correspondence in connection with this competition should be sent to Waitrose Food, Wallace House, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell RG12 8YA.