myWaitrose card scheme terms and conditions
22 February 2016
2. All members of the scheme must be residents of England, Scotland, Wales or the Channel Islands, aged 18 years or over. Waitrose may refuse an application for any reason.
3. Each member is entitled to one myWaitrose account only. Waitrose reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time. Members who live at and have accounts registered at the same address may not join their accounts together.
4. Members must keep Waitrose informed of any changes to their personal or membership details. Waitrose cannot be held responsible for any loss of coupons, vouchers or benefits resulting from details being out of date or inaccurate.
5. The myWaitrose card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card or their partner/spouse/civil partner.
6. Waitrose may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel myWaitrose accounts, cards, coupons and vouchers, in whatever form, and/or remove a member from the scheme at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
• any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and/or those relating to the optional elements of the scheme;
• any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme;
• any behaviour relating to myWaitrose that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
7. myWaitrose card is valid in Waitrose stores and waitrose.com only, and excludes motorway service stations, petrol stations, Waitrose Cookery School and Home & Fashion floors of Waitrose Canary Wharf.
8. The scheme is only for personal and consumer use. myWaitrose cards may not be used for any business transaction or purpose.
1. The myWaitrose account, card, coupons, and vouchers, in whatever form, are issued by and remain the property of Waitrose which may, at any time, terminate the scheme or alter or amend the conditions of operation of the scheme. The myWaitrose account card must be returned to Waitrose on request or destroyed when no longer valid for use.
2. myWaitrose cards, coupons and vouchers remain the responsibility of the myWaitrose member, as do any security details relating to the account. Waitrose cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the safe-keeping of these items. myWaitrose cards, coupons and vouchers cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
3. All coupons or vouchers are accompanied by an expiry date, beyond which they cannot be used or reissued. Coupons or vouchers that are lost or mislaid will not be reissued. Additional terms and conditions may be found on the back of the coupons or vouchers. Members can choose to leave the scheme at any time by contacting us.
4. Items which may be offered as promotional benefits of the scheme shall be subject to availability.
5. Waitrose stores cannot accept the my John Lewis card or John Lewis marketing vouchers. The only exception is Waitrose Ipswich where the my John Lewis card can be used in the Waitrose café (in Waitrose’s sole discretion)
1. Closing dates for online competitions are stated on individual competition pages.
2. The number of prizes and relevant opening, closing and other deadline dates will be stated on individual competition pages.
3. Unless expressly stated in individual competition rules, competitions may only be entered online as stated in the competition terms and conditions and myWaitrose members can only enter each competition once.
Cookery School 10% discount
Each holder of a valid myWaitrose card (“Card”) in his or her name, which has been duly delivered, (“Cardholders”) shall be entitled to a ten percent discount on all courses (“Discount”), subject to the following terms:
1. The Cardholder must attend the course booked, and present their Card, quoting their Card number, both on booking and on attendance at the course.
2. Failure to present the Cardholder’s Card on attendance will void the Discount, and the Discount shall become immediately due and payable.
3. The Discount is available on any course attended by a Cardholder together with one non-Cardholder, provided that the Cardholder attends such course together with the non-Cardholder.
4. The Discount is available on the balance of any partially-paid for course, for instance where the balance of such course has already been paid for using gift certificates.
5. No Discount will be available in respect of Waitrose Cookery School gift certificates, or where the Cardholder has failed to present his or her Card at the booking stage.
6. No Discount will be available in respect of corporate or bespoke bookings.
Free hot drink
1. From the 22 February myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a medium free tea or coffee in Hazelmere, Battersea, Bagshot Road, Roehampton, Burgh Heath and Burnt Common, will need to make a minimum of £30 spend on fuel. Exclusions apply see clause 5.
2. Offer available to all myWaitrose members on presentation of a myWaitrose card in store. Cardholder must be present.
3. myWaitrose members who wish to enjoy a free tea or coffee in one of our Cafés, Bakery counters with seating areas and Deli counters with seating areas will need to make a purchase in the café or bakery prior to qualifying for a free hot drink.
4. One per myWaitrose member per day.
5. Only Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Tea, Mocha and Espresso (Decaffeinated versions, Mocha and Espresso available in selected stores only) qualify as a free hot drink.
6. Selected stores only, excludes Costa Concessions, online, petrol filling stations, Shell and Welcome Break.
7. Subject to availability.
8. Cannot be used in conjunction with other café or hot drink offers.
9. At any till the myWaitrose card must be scanned to activate the offer. Quickpay customers must scan their myWaitrose card at any point during their shop.
1. Offer available to all myWaitrose members both in store and online at waitrose.com
2. From Monday to Friday buy either The Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Scottish Daily Mail, The Guardian, The Observer or The Times, spend over £5 and receive the money off the rest of your shopping.
3. On Saturday and Sunday buy either The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph, Daily Mail, Scottish Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, The Scottish Mail on Sunday, The Guardian, The Observer, The Times or The Sunday Times, spend over £10 and receive the money off the rest of your shopping.
4. Subject to availability.
5. Excludes petrol filling stations, Shell and Welcome Break.
6. This offer is not available in the following Waitrose branches: Yateley, Goldsworth Park and Belgravia.
7. Maximum one transaction per day.
8. At any till the myWaitrose card must be scanned to activate the offer. Quickpay customers may scan their myWaitrose card at any point during their shop. Online customers must have registered their myWaitrose card.
9. £5 or £10 spend must be on qualifying items.
10. "Qualifying Items" means all items that are not Excluded Items.
11. "Excluded Items" include direct services (such as flowers, entertaining, home and hampers), infant formula, tobacco, stamps, mobile top ups, e-Top up vouchers, lottery tickets, gift vouchers, cash back, car park charges, fuel and delivery charges.
12. Other items may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of Waitrose.
Free Waitrose Magazine
1. Offer available to all myWaitrose members in store.
2. Magazine also available online via the Waitrose Food app. Available to download for free through Apple Newsstand or Google Play* and signing up with a myWaitrose membership number. App is only available on Apple iPads and iPad minis with an operating system iOS 6.0 and above, and on Android devices with 10 inch screens and an operating system 3.0 and above.
3. One issue per myWaitrose member per month.
4. Excludes petrol filling stations, Shell and Welcome Break.
5. Subject to availability.
6. No purchase necessary.
10% off selected products
1. 10% off selected products, including promotions, available to all myWaitrose members.
2. Offer lines included are highlighted by promotional shelf tickets in store and on the offers page online.
3. Subject to availability.
4. Selected lines only.
5. Offer valid in UK mainland and Channel Island Waitrose stores and online at waitrose.com only and excludes motorway service stations, Welcome Break and petrol stations.
‘Pick Your Own Offers’
1. ‘Pick Your Own Offers’ is open to myWaitrose members only. For full terms and conditions regarding myWaitrose membership please see http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/mywaitrose/mywaitrose_ts_cs.html
2. Participating customers will be required to choose up to 10 products from a number of product options provided. This selection will be made online at waitrose.com
3. Participating customers will receive 20% discount on the products they have selected when purchased in branch or at www.waitrose.com,when the transaction has been linked to the participating customers’ myWaitrose card. Customers shopping in store will need to scan their card at the end of the transaction. (Excludes transactions made at Motorway service stations, Welcome Break, Shell and Petrol Filling Stations and the Leckford Estate Farm Shop).
4. The maximum discount available per transaction is £250.
5. Pricing may vary in Channel Islands, and in convenience/Little Waitrose branches.
6. Discount applies only to the selected products, and excludes any substitution that may be offered due to product availability.
7. Waitrose reserves the right to modify or withdraw this offer at any time, without notice.
Jonhson Dry Cleaning
1. Discount only available for registered myWaitrose members.
2. Dry cleaning and laundry services available in selected Waitrose branches. Please see www.waitrose.com/mwdrycleaning to find your nearest branch.
3. When depositing your order: please agree a collection time /day with a Partner.
4. Additional charges apply for the use of the GUARANTEED CREASE service.
5. Please ask Partner for details on Suede and leather repairs.
6. Please check garments on collection as claims at a later date cannot be accepted
Promoter: Johnson Cleaners UK Limited. Registered No. 2970609 England. Registered
Office: Pittman Way, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire PR2 9ZD.
Privacy and data protection
1. By participating in myWaitrose, Waitrose will collect and use information about each member, including their registration details, information about the use of their myWaitrose card, purchases and other information that the member gives Waitrose.
2. Waitrose may analyse the member’s information to see how they use the myWaitrose scheme, to understand their shopping behaviour and to send the member information, offers and promotions for the products or services which are most likely to interest them.
3. By being a myWaitrose member and providing your details, you agree that the Waitrose and the John Lewis Partnership (including John Lewis and John Lewis Financial Services) can contact you with news about products and services. Waitrose will never release a member’s personal details to any company outside the John Lewis Partnership for them to use for their own mailing or marketing purposes.
1. The promoter of myWaitrose is Waitrose Limited of Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA.
2. These terms and conditions replace all previous versions, are correct as of 22 February 2016 and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts in accordance with English law. Waitrose reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, at any time, on reasonable notice for legal, regulatory, business or policy reasons. Members who continue to participate in the scheme following notification of such a change will be considered to have accepted the updated terms and conditions.
3. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms and conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
4. Due to printing lead times, the terms and conditions in store or in hard copy form may not reflect the most recent changes. The most up to date terms and conditions can be found at waitrose.com/mywaitrose.
5. Further information can be found online at waitrose.com/mywaitrose.
Win £5000 to spend at Waitrose (Terms and conditions applicable (as at 1 May 2014) to residents of UK)
1. The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be 00:01 on the 1st of the month to 23:59 on the last day of the month (the "Draw Period"). The last prize draw will close on 31 January 2016.
2. To enter into the monthly draws to win £5000 to spend at Waitrose, members must present their myWaitrose card to a cashier prior to payment.
3. Purchases made by a member via an online transaction will be counted for the purposes of the prize draws if the member has opted for this in their My Account section of the myWaitrose website.
4. Every completed transaction that includes Qualifying Items made at a Participating Store on or online at waitrose.com during the relevant Draw Period will give one entry into the prize draw for that Draw Period irrespective of the total value of the transaction.
5. "Participating Stores" are all Waitrose stores excluding motorway service stations, petrol stations and Waitrose Cookery School.
6. "Qualifying Items" means all items that are not Excluded Items. "Excluded Items" include direct services (such as wine direct, flowers, home and hampers), infant formula, tobacco, stamps, mobile top ups, e-Top up vouchers, lottery tickets, gift vouchers, cash back, car park charges, fuel and delivery charges. Selected Entertaining lines will also be excluded. Other items may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of Waitrose..
7. There will be one winner nationally per Draw Period who will win £5,000 in Waitrose gift vouchers..
8. There will be ten further national winners per Draw Period who will each win £500 in Waitrose gift vouchers.
9. There will be one national draw and not, for example, separate draws for each of England, Scotland, Wales and the Channel Islands.
10. Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer or an independent person seven days after the closing date, which is 23.59 on the last day of each Draw Period (the Prize Draw Date).
11. Each winner will be contacted by telephone, post or email within 21 days of, and receive their prize by post no later than 28 days after, the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period.
12. If a winner for a Draw Period cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 21 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from all the entries received.
13. The prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable.
14. The result of the prize draws is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamp addressed envelope to myWaitrose, Marketing, Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA and may be posted online.
16. Each winner may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the prize draw as notified by us.
17. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants.
18. All entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
19. No responsibility is accepted for entries which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means will be rejected.
20. Entrants must be residents of England, Scotland or Wales and at least 18 years of age.
21. Use of the gift vouchers awarded as the prizes for each draw shall be subject to the terms and conditions on the reverse of or otherwise associated with those vouchers.
22. The promotions and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
PROMOTER: Waitrose Limited, Doncastle Road, Southern Industrial Area, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8YA
Win £5000 to spend at Waitrose - the final prize draw took place on 31 January 2016.