Save to your scrapbook
Apple and Caramel Popovers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This is a favourite in our house, we like to use whatever fruit is in season and adapt it. It's warm and comforting in the colder months and my 3-year-old son as well as my 41-year-old husband adores them - Neleta Winter, winner of the Waitrose Brilliantly British Apple Recipe Challenge.
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any of the community recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
150g essential Waitrose plain white flour
2 essential Waitrose free range eggs
150ml essential Waitrose semi-skimmed milk
4 tsp caster sugar
2 apples (eating apples) peeled, cored and cut into small cubes
Waitrose Seriously Buttery Caramel Dipping Sauce
essential Waitrose Vegetable oil
1. Pour a small amount of oil into the muffin pan and pop into a pre-heated oven (220/200c fan). In a jug add, the milk and water together.
2. In a bowl, add the flour and make a well. Add the egg and using a whisk, slowly incorporate the egg and slowly pour in the milk and water mixture and whisk it all together.
3. Add the caster sugar and mix into the batter and then mix in the cut up apple.
4. Pour the mixture back into the jug (this will make it easier to pour into the muffin tray)
5. Remove the muffin pan from the oven and pour the batter into the tray, about half way up each section.
6. Place back in the oven for around 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden in colour
7. Remove from the oven, pop out of the muffin tray and place on the serving plate. Pour over a little of the caramel sauce (lightly and evenly) and serve with some vanilla ice cream.