Aubergine rigatoni with feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 aubergines, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 10 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 100g Feta, crumbled
- 350g Rigatoni pasta
- 100g Feta, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion with some seasoning for 5 minutes. Add the aubergine and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and, after a quick stir, 100ml water and the tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Add the olives and parsley to the tomato sauce and season with black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and serve topped with feta.
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 01 01:00:00 BST 2009.