Save to your scrapbook
Bakewell crumble muffins
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
If you like Bakewell tarts, you'll probably love this recipe for Bakewell muffins. Extra special muffins with a bakewell crumble topping.
For the topping:
35g glacé cherries
25g plain flour
25g ground almonds
Zest of 1 lemon
For the muffins:
300g golden caster sugar
6 medium Waitrose Columbian Blacktail Hens eggs
2 tbsp milk
225g self-raising flour
75g ground almonds
50g dried cherries, chopped
1½ tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp almond extract
100g Waitrose Deep, Dark Black Cherry Extra Fruity Preserve
Icing sugar to dust
1. To make the crumble: place all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until it forms a paste. Shape into a log then wrap in clingfilm and place in the freezer overnight.
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
2. Once frozen, coarsley grate the paste (with a large grater) onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Return to the freezer until required.
3. For the muffins: beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time and add the milk, followed by the flour, almonds, cherries and both extracts. Mix together until fully combined.
4. Place 12 large The Cake Professional Muffin Cases into the muffin tray. Spoon half the mixture into the cases to fill halfway up. Spoon ½ tsp of the preserve in the centre then spoon on the
remaining muffin mix.
5. Sprinkle the frozen crumble on top and then place in the preheated oven and bake for about 35–40 minutes. Dust with icing sugar as they come out of the oven.