Save to your scrapbook
Brian Turner’s Lasagne bake with butter beans, cannellini beans & cherry tomatoes
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
We challenged Brian Turner and Masterchef winner Shelina Permalloo to cook the perfect family pasta dish. Brian Turner's dish was the winner. To see Shelina's dish, click here.
600g cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic
½ red chilli, finely diced
1 tbsp marjoram, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 tbsp chicken stock
4 tbsp double cream
9 lasagne sheets
2 x 125g packs mozzarella cheese, sliced
2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and lie on a tray. Crush the garlic and add to the chilli, marjoram and olive oil. Sprinkle this mixture over the tomatoes and season. Slow roast in the oven at 140°C, gas mark 3 for one hour.
2. Take out and purée half of them. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C, gas mark 6.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the shallot. Sweat, do not colour. Add the beans to the pan.
4. Add the purée of tomatoes, chicken stock and double cream and reduce.
5. Cook the lasagne sheets in a pan with plenty of boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Take out, put into cold water and then drain.
6. In an ovenproof dish layer 3 sheets of lasagne, top with half the bean stew and some mozzarella cheese, and repeat, finishing with 3 sheets of pasta.
7. Lay the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Sprinkle with the remaining roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until cooked, take out and serve.