Save to your scrapbook
Brian Turner’s Linguine with brown shrimps & mussels
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
½ onion, finely chopped
1 glass Champagne
1 shallot, finely chopped
90g pack brown shrimps
100ml double cream
2tbsp chopped parsley
200g essential Waitrose Linguine
1. Put the cleaned mussels, onion and champagne into a saucepan and cover with a lid. Heat until the mussels open.
2. Drain the mussels, keeping the stock. Drain the stock through a fine muslin cloth.
3. Take all the mussels from their shells and purée half of them.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the shrimps for 1 minute. Add the strained stock, double cream and the purée of mussels then reduce.
5. Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain.
6. Add the rest of the mussels to the sauce, season and add the parsley.
7. Add the linguine, stir well and serve.