Save to your scrapbook
Celeriac & blue cheese soufflés
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Small knob of butter, for greasing
500g celeriac, peeled and cubed
3 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
150g blue cheese such as Stilton, Roquefort or Gorgonzola
4 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, separated
Green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Lightly grease 4 x 250ml individual ramekin dishes.
2. Place the celeriac in a steamer set over a pan of gently simmering water. Cover and steam for about 8 minutes until very tender when pierced with a knife.
3. Place the cooked celeriac in a food processor with the crème fraîche and blue cheese and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric hand whisk until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, lightly fold the egg whites into the celeriac mixture until well combined.
5. Spoon into the prepared dishes and cook for 20 minutes until risen and golden. Serve swiftly with salad on the side.
These freeze well once cooked. Leave to cool completely, turn out of the ramekins, pack into bags then label and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw completely and bake for 10–12 minutes at 180°C, gas mark 4 until piping hot.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in December 2015.