Save to your scrapbook
Chick pea & red onion salad with black sesame seeds
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This tasty salad is so easy to make, and the toasted black sesame
seeds add a lovely crunch
1 of your 5 a day
Low in saturated fat
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 x 400g cans essential Waitrose Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
• 1 cucumber peeled, deseeded and sliced
• 50g baby spinach leaves, chopped
• 25g pack fresh mint
• 2 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Black Sesame Seeds, toasted (see Cook's tip)
For the dressing
• 100g natural yogurt
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• Juice 1/2 lemon
• 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes until softened and golden. Leave to cool.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Stir together the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and chopped chilli.
3. Gently toss the cooled onion, chick peas, cucumber and spinach leaves together then pour over the dressing and toss gently to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
4. Tip the salad onto a large serving plate, scatter with the mint leaves and black sesame seeds and serve.
To toast sesame seeds, dry fry in a pan over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, shaking or stirring the seeds continuously to prevent burning.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Fri Oct 30 14:29:14 GMT 2015.