Save to your scrapbook
LOVE life Chicken tikka filo pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Sunflower oil spray
1 pack essential Waitrose 3 mixed peppers, deseeded, thinly sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
400g pack essential Waitrose British chicken breast chunks
3 tbsp Patak’s tikka masala paste
150ml chicken stock, hot
2 tbsp cornflour
500g low-fat natural yogurt (don’t use 0% fat yogurt, which will curdle)
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
200g Jus Rol filo sheets (about 5 sheets)
300g broccoli or peas, steamed, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Heat a little spray oil in a large sauté pan, add the peppers and onions, and fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the tikka paste and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, then return the peppers and onions to the pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with a little water to make a smooth paste and then stir into the yogurt. Add this mixture to the pan, along with the coriander. Stir well and warm through for 1-2 minutes.
4. Spoon the tikka mixture into a 1-litre serving dish. Cut each filo sheet into 4 long strips, spray with a little spray oil and scrunch up. Place on top of the chicken tikka filling.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbling hot. Serve with steamed broccoli or peas.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue Jan 29 14:26:00 GMT 2013.