Save to your scrapbook
Chocolate Pecan Brownie bowls
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
225g unsalted butter
350g Waitrose Continental Plain Chocolate
4 large eggs
350g light brown muscovado sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
225g plain flour, sifted
100g pecan nuts, chopped
To serve: 500g tub Waitrose Seriously Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Waitrose Cooks' Homebaking hundreds and thousands
Caramel sauce for drizzling
Extra pecans to top the brownie bowls with
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Spray two 12 hole muffin tins with cooking spray or grease lightly with butter.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate slowly, stirring regularly. When the lumps of chocolate are fairly small, turn off the heat - there will be enough heat to finish melting the chocolate and you reduce the risk of overheating the mixture. Allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence for 5-10 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
4. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then fold in the flour and pecans.
5. Divide the mixture between the two muffin tins (it should be about 2/3 full) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and using a small glass or a large pestle from a pestle and mortar, press down in the centre of each brownie to make a well.
7. Leave the brownie bowls to cool completely before removing carefully from the tin. Put a ball of ice cream in each brownie bowl and top with hundreds and thousands. Drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle with extra pecans.
This recipe was first published in Wed Oct 21 16:58:00 BST 2015.