Save to your scrapbook
Fennel, red onion and garlic tart
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 - 6
320g pack Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet
150g pack Rians Le Roulé cheese
1 fennel bulb, about 300g, sliced
1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
10 cloves garlic, peeled
6 stalks thyme, leaves only
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zest and juice
150g feta cheese
50g baby leaf spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Unroll the pastry and cut in half lengthways. Lay both pieces on to a lined baking sheet.
2. Divide the Roulé cheese out between the two strips of pastry and spread evenly, leaving a 2cm border along each side. 3 In a large bowl, toss together the fennel, onion, garlic and thyme, along with 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the lemon zest and half the lemon juice, and season generously.
4. Scatter the vegetables on to the pastry, then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden.
5. Crumble over the feta cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, toss the spinach leaves with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Serve the tart with the dressed spinach leaves.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 25 11:53:00 BST 2014.