Save to your scrapbook
Gluten-free seeded white bread
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: one loaf
80g mix of pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds
olive oil, for greasing
320g Dove’s Farm Gluten-Free White Bread Flour Blend
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dried active yeast
1. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the seeds and cook, stirring continuously, for 2–3 minutes until just beginning to brown. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas (180°C/gas 4 fan) and lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin with olive oil.
3. Sift the bread flour blend into a large mixing bowl and add the salt, sugar and yeast and mix together thoroughly. Pour in 320ml warm water and, using a metal whisk, beat vigorously for 1–2 minutes to aerate the dough. Beat until the dough holds some shape, but is still soft enough to fall from the whisk, adding 1 or 2 extra tablespoons of warm water if it feels too stiff. Add most of the seeds, reserving a small handful to sprinkle on the top, and beat in.
4. Spoon the dough into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a metal spoon. Wash the spoon clean and dip it in cold water, then smooth the surface of the dough with the back of the wet spoon, repeating to cover the whole area. Sprinkle the reserved seeds over the top.
5. Bake for about 1 hour until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Adapted from Simply gluten-free & dairy free by Grace Cheetham