Save to your scrapbook
Grilled lamb with aubergine & feta dressing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
15-18 lamb cutlets
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp dried oregano
1 large aubergine
50g feta cheese, crumbled
A pinch of Cayenne pepper
100ml natural yogurt
1 tbsp tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
Flatbreads, rocket leaves, red onion, to serve
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Place the lamb cutlets in a bowl with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, 1 crushed garlic clove, the sumac and dried oregano.
2. Mix well so the lamb is coated and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place the aubergine on a foil-lined grill pan and cook under the grill for 10 minutes turning occasionally until blackened and charred, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
4. With a stick blender purée the feta and Cayenne pepper with the yogurt. If required, loosen with a little water to the consistency of double cream.
5. Remove the aubergine stalk and place the entire vegetable, skin and all, in a blender with the tahini and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth.
6. Grill the lamb cutlets for 5 minutes each side or until crisp and cooked to your liking.
7. Serve the lamb with the aubergine purée, salad, the feta dressing and flatbreads.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in March 2015.